Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday!

Wow, is it really Friday again? Where did the week go?

ONE.
Re-reading a jewel this week. There are not many books I can read over and over again, this is one of the few. In every season of my soul it has spoken truth to me. One of my favorite quotes from the book:

“Give Me all of you!!! I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to Me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to Me, give yourself to Me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart.” 
No half measures will do.
TWO.
Teething babies are no fun. Really and truly. However, teething makes you appreciate your happy, babbling, excited baby so much more! This has been one of my most challenging weeks as a mommy to date. Blaze has cut his two front teeth, a molar, and one of his incisors all in a matter of 7 days! We have cried together, whined together, and learned together more this week than any week of his life so far!

THREE.
I am really, really, really looking forward to the return of this show come January! So I can live vicariously through its characters (in my imaginary world, I am a midwife that does home births, in case anyone is wondering).
Call the Midwife!

FOUR.
We planned to go to Burt's Pumpkin Farm last Saturday. Sometimes my plans are disregarded. LOL. So, this Saturday we will go to Deal's Pumpkin Farm. I even invited some friends so my dearest, most beloved husband cannot thwart my desire to have pictures of our family at a Pumpkin Patch each Fall!

FIVE.
I kind of have baby fever. I know, I know, I have a baby! Yet, something inside of me is ready for another one. Not too sure if it is my age, or just because I always wanted my kids close together so they would be pals. Either way, I would not be upset at all if another one showed up in the near future.....maybe our 3 year old foster child will fix me!

No comments:

Post a Comment